Heyyyyyy! Sheila here. I started this blog to help people be free of acne. I know how it’s like to have pimples, especially on those important days where you don’t want them (photoshoots, dates, etc..). Not only are pimples irritating and annoying, but they are quite embarrassing for me to have. I am pretty sure everyone feels that way too! So if you’re like me and you hate zits on your face then follow me for updates and tips on skin care and acne treatment.
I’ve listed the top 10 products I’ve tried and recommend. Nowdays, I stick with Revitol Acnezine with my skin care treatment. You can read more about it below.
How To Find The Best Acne Treatment
Every lady has their own acne horror story. Be it a prom night, picture day, or your first date, it seems that these blemishes do not know when to pop up! In order to quickly eliminate these zits, you need to use some acne cleanser.
As the needs for these products arise, a lot of companies have created their own formulations for specific dilemmas, so the options aren’t a problem. The challenge, however, is finding the right one that actually suits your needs.
An acne face wash made from strong ingredients may not be effective when used on sensitive skin. Some creams are effective at combating different types of blemishes, while others can only be used for a specific one.
Criteria for Selecting Anti-Acne Products
- Skin types
Skin can be generally classified as normal, combination, dry, and oily.
People with normal skin types do not have a lot of imperfections and are not too sensitive. Normal skin has fewer visible pores and has a beautiful, radiating complexion.
Dry skin, meanwhile, has invisible pores. However, its complexion is rough and there are visible red patches. Due to lack of moisture, dry skin is stiff and not elastic and the lines are quite visible, particularly on the face.
If your face has enlarged pores, it means that you have oily skin. People with this type of skin have shiny and thicker complexion. They are also more prone to blackheads and acne because of the oil and bacteria buildup.
There are also instances wherein you have a combination of all the traits from different skin types. Some parts of your body feel oily, while others are dry or normal.
Try buying skincare products with the following ingredients:
- Benzoyl Peroxide – This is a bacteria killer that is available in different strengths. A face wash containing 2.5% of benzoyl peroxide is already effective at eliminating pimples. Consult your dermatologist first before buying creams with higher amounts of this ingredient.
- Sulful – This is also effective at killing bacteria, but it is used as a spot treatment because of its thick texture.
- Salicylic Acid – it is often added in face mask for acne because it helps the body shed dead skin cells, unclog pores, and thus, removing blemishes. The acid also penetrates deep into the oil glands to prevent any pimple breakouts.
- Best Price for Skin Care Creams
Don’t be easily swayed if you see a bottle of aloe vera for acne with an extremely cheap or expensive price tag. Before making a purchase, it is best if you check its capabilities first. What are its ingredients? How effective is it? What do the other users say about it? These are some of the questions to ask before buying.
- Pros and cons
Don’t just focus on the advantages and benefits of the product. You also need to look at its cons. For instance, not every anti-blemish cream is helpful for people with oily skin. Sometimes, a product is more effective for blackheads and not pimples.
Types of Acne Removers
- Exfoliators – these are facial scrubs that remove dead skin cells and prevent acne from getting worse. This skin care product is effective against blackheads.
- Creams – this is commonly used for removing whiteheads. It has a thicker consistency. Usually, creams have salicylic acid for removing whiteheads.
- Hydrocortisone cream – this product is applicable to small red zits. It temporarily reduces redness and inflammation, allowing you to have smooth skin when you need it.
Effects of Diet on Acne
If you want a vibrant and smoother skin, you should add fish, green tea, flaxseed, and fruits to your diet. These products reduce skin oils and inflammation. To prevent acne break-up, avoid or reduce sugar, processed cereals, potato chips, cakes, or other foods that can spike up your glycerin levels.
How Sweating Affects Acne
Sadly, most people are terrified of sweat because they think that it promotes acne build up.
That is not entirely true. Acne occurs when excess oil blocks the pores. Sweat contains water, sodium, and antimicrobial particles that reduce inflammation and pimples caused by bacteria.
Clean your Skin With These Easy Steps!
Your skin care products will only be effective if you pair it with good cleaning habits.
- Understand your skin type so you can choose the right product.
- Choose a gentle acne remover that will not dry and irritate your skin.
- Find the root cause of your acne problems. Is it your diet? Are you sweating enough? Do you have oily skin?
- Be familiar with the different types of acne removers.
- Only use one type of skin care product at a time.
- Solve one acne problem at a time.
- Do not over use your skin care product to avoid losing its effectiveness.
- Do not pick on your acne.
- Be patient with your treatment
- Stay positive!