Cosmedix Clarity Serum Review
Cosmedix Clarity Serum is an effective and unique product that fights blemishes while having no irritating ingredients. It is formulated to correct, support, and calm the skin. It gently exfoliates and helps mattify the skin or achieve an oil-free look. According to the manufacturer, the serum prevents breakouts, dries breakout quickly, reduces inflammation, reduces oiliness, and exfoliates the skin cells that clog the pores without causing irritation.
Benefits of Cosmedix Clarity Serum
Apart from fighting acne, some of the notable benefits of the product include:
- Reduces oil production
- Discourages inflammation
- Motivates cell regrowth
- Reduces the appearance of acne scarring
- Detoxifies the complexion
Best Use of Cosmedix Clarity Serum for Skin Type
The serum is formulated for use on any skin type: normal, dry, oily, and combination skin type. It is so potent that you do not need much – apply just a small amount on the skin after cleansing and applying toner in the morning and/or at night. After applying in the morning, follow it with moisturizer and sunscreen. You can use the product all over your face or only on targeted problem areas.
In Cosmedix Clarity Serum 1 oz/30ml, three of the active ingredients are Retinol A, Salicylic Acid, and Pregnenolone.
- Retinol A – this is a form of vitamin A known for stabilizing antioxidants, which effectively prevent further damage to the skin that is caused by free radicals. In a retinol formula, it may be difficult to get the exact right amount of vitamin A; too much of it on a product can irritate the skin, and too little means there would be no visible effects.
- Salicylic Acid – this is an ingredient found in many acne treatments. Aside from treating acne, it is also used in treating other skin disorders, such as calluses, dandruff, warts, psoriasis, corns, etc. Acne forms when the skin cells within the hair follicles peel too fast and form a cluster, blocking the follicle and then causing a pimple. The role of salicylic acid in the serum is to help slow down the peeling of the skin cells within the follicles, which will then prevent clogging. While using salicylic acid, you should avoid other over-the-counter acne treatments that contain resorcinol, benzoyl peroxide, or sulfur because it may be too irritating, unless a specialist advises you otherwise.
- Pregnenolone – this is a hormone that fights the signs of skin-aging. It deeply exfoliates the skin to help balance oil production and remove impurities.
Pros and Cons of Cosmedix Clarity Serum
The advantages of the serum include:
- It contains salicylic acid, which is an ingredient commonly used in many over-the-counter acne treatments, and retinol, which is known as an effective ingredient in a skincare regimen.
- Unlike other brands that are only suitable for a certain skin type, Clarity Serum is formulated for all skin types.
The disadvantages include:
- It is a bit expensive.
- The concentration of salicylic acid in the serum is the same as other drug store products that are less expensive.
As with other Cosmedix Clarity Serum reviews, this review comes up with the conclusion that the product is a quality acne treatment that contains ingredients that can clear up facial blemishes and exfoliate dead skin cells.